Sunday 12 August 2018

Something else.



It has been a while, & our Little Man has grown up so much, since I last babysat.  The Little Man has been visiting his grandma but last week we resumed our intermittent visiting & returned again to the big park which has been revamped over the past few months.
 Things like the net walk, climbing bars & big slide have been built for much bigger children.  I'd've been lucky to manage the net walk ~ no way with the Little Man in tow.  We did the slide ~ once. It is higher, steeper & faster than it was & understandably the Little Man was cautious.  Even so, he refused to sit in my lap to come down.  Equally, he didn't want another go.
 They have this Little House for the Littlies ~ but it is nowhere near as exciting & adventurous & after a cursory investigation the Little Man abandoned it for the peddle see~saw swing. *sigh*  I know why he likes it but as his feet can't reach the peddles & his arms can't reach the handrail I have to hold him on & run!
There was a family of wood ducks nearby.  I do love me some wood ducks & they always have lots & lots of little ducklings in tow @ this time of the year but I rather wished we hadn't gone to investigate as one little duckling had a damaged leg.  As I was carless & this is not my area there was nothing I could do.  I did manage to fob the poor thing off onto another unsuspecting admirer-er to drop @ the local vets on their way to the daughter's netball game, so all's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment