Sunday 5 August 2018

Some of this &...

The MOTH, who is an eminently practical man, informed me today that preaching for one hour was equal to an 8 hour work day.  I think he thought I would find this consoling.  I do not. I am so wiped it is not funny.

It has been one of those weeks though.  One day I may figure out why everything piles up @ once but so far I remain clueless while I struggle to balance dental visits with doctor's visits & trips to the back of for chooks.  Both doctor & dentist are ongoing.  The dr for skin cancers ~ which involves needles... & more needles... an activity I can in no way abide & which stresses me no end.  I prefer dealing with the cleaning & filling ~ though this too will end in needles as some teeth are beyond repair. *sigh*

My quiet hermetic life hates these disruptions to its peace but some things just have to be done & removing the cancers is one of them for I inherited, not a lovely preaches & cream complexion from my English ancestors but, a ruddy Scots one that does not tolerate our Aussie sun well.  The first 2 were right on the temple but cheeks, hands & arm all need to be checked so we are doing the cut & stitch for the next lot when I have the stitches for the last lot removed.  Such fun! Not.

I birthed 5 children sans pain relief  or epidurals ~ anything being more tolerable than a needle of any description ~ & it takes up such swags of time traipsing to & fro when I could be doing something terribly useful ~ like contemplating my navel.

No comments:

Post a Comment