Sunday 5 March 2017

A Week of Joys & Woes.



 This, is the new kitchen. It all arrived Saturday morning in flat packs & the MOTH & I worked like bees to get it all inside & under cover before the storm broke. In a couple of weeks the lads will arrive to put it all together & install it.

It was early.  The MOTH was uncaffinated, barely awake & completely dysfunctional.  I was due to get on a boat & visit the Little Man I haven't seen in four months.
He is a big baby & weighs heaps so lugging him round is no picnic. Obviously used to lots of people he didn't want to nap no matter how heavy his eyes grew but he seems to be a naturally sunny natured child.  Bit like his dad really ~ only with a temper.  He was not a happy camper to find his favourite toy had flat batteries & refused to make all the wonderful noises that it generally makes. He has his dads double crown & a half too so hair cutting will never be a joy.  The cowlicks will stand up.

I had been roped in as my middle boys & my youngest girl were moving house.  Not sure how that will go as there is a wife & newish baby in that mix & the *twin thing* is in full operation again. Even the twins don't know they do the *twin thing* but I pity the partners of any set of twins because when the tire hits the gravel twinship trumps all.

My computer crashed.  Absolutely everything church related is on my computer so this was not good news ~ & no, I don't back up.  No idea how that works.  Not sure I want to learn & most of what I want is along my top bar because that is links to notes I want to my next sermon anyway & ditched as soon as I no longer need them.

To top of a complicated week the MOTH & I have been suffering some low grade wog.  I thought the sore throat was just from the extra preaching I've been doing this month but then my whole skin surface began to hurt in that super sensitive way that tells me something is wrong ~ just not sure what. A headache like nobody's business ~ bad enough to wake me during the night so I padded downstairs after the ibuprofen, much to the cats delight until they realised I wasn't up & wasn't going to let them out the door. I woke in a pool of sweat, late for me, the next morning but am now hopeful we have broken the back of whatever it was.

2 comments:

  1. Your grandson is adorable!!! I hope your kitchen works out well. I hope you have far better success with your computer than I had with my refrigerator. And I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandson very adorable.
    Kitchen still in garage.
    Computer working.
    Feeling better.
    Thank you. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete