Sunday 9 April 2017

Of Rain & kitchens & other things.


Tropical Cyclone Debbie crossed the coast  on Tuesday wrecking havoc as she went ~ but she is not gone.  She is moving down the coast as a tropical low.  Brisbane has flooded & all the schools in the S.E section of Queensland have closed due to the number of roads now under water, closed or just flash flooding across vast areas. We have severe weather warnings in effect & are tuned to the local tv station for as long as we have power.  Not everywhere does...

At least one of my boys decided now was a good time to go prawning...*sigh*

Meanwhile I am seriously dismantling my kitchen.  It could be worse...though not much to my mind.  A job I am seriously disliking.  I have solved a lot of my problem by simply chucking stuff out.  I never use plastic so farewell to all the plastic containers.  Most of my baking trays & pans have rusted & are not worth the work to revamp them. In the bin they went! 

Just about at the tail end of the nightmare now.  I have friends, conscientiously minimalist, who  remove 3 items a day for 30 days,  every few months or so, or who don't buy anything new without removing one item.  All they need to do is renovate.  I have no desire to keep anything & have culled drastically.  I'm not a gadgets sort of person so my kitchen implements are few & well used: a nutrubullet; a mixer; a blender; the toaster & kettle & an electric frying pan.  Most of my pots & pans will be replaced after 30 years & 5 children.

 However as I began I found I have a terrible weakness for gardening in my kitchen.  This is what had to go outside before I could start & the hanging stuff has yet to go. Um...yeah...

2 comments:

  1. It's a job but you are going to be so much happier when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. It's just the length of time it is taking. Another week @ least before we are even semi functional! ☻

    ReplyDelete