Saturday 10 September 2016

Last but Not least.

It does not amuse the child concerned but this is the one most like me.

 That's not me.

It is not an obvious or outward thing; outwardly we are nothing alike.  The girl has curves. When she was little I called her my little Brunhilda & said she should grace the prow of a Viking Longboat ~ then she discovered what I meant & that was the end of that!


When she was 6 she told people to shut up in Gaelic ~ because she could~ & watched Inspector Rex in German ~ because she could, which meant that at 9 she understood her singing teacher's questionable comments in German ~ & laughed. It comes of being the youngest in a verbally diverse house where she learnt to defend her opinions early & found wit a sauce to her liking.

I miss how she seriously considered purple & pink stilettos for her first grown up shoes. I was buying so, No.  I miss the way her eyes would slid surreptitiously across an audience  looking for us & the sight of her playing soccer with Issi tucked firmly under one arm. I miss the sound of scales late at night when everyone else was sleeping & the way she laughs when her voice cracks.

The woman is warm & wonderful but I miss the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment