Tuesday 29 May 2018

Second Day Running.

It's not often these days I spend much time on the mainland.  Seriously, why would I want to leave this for dirt, noise, pollution & crowds of strangers? Besides ~ there are the cats to consider... So, twice in 3 days did for me. 

Once a year Kenneth & Lynette Hagin minister @ Rhema.  The MOTH, as a student, was obliged to go.  I went to keep him company & on the off~chance I could catch up with alumni friends from my year, always a bit hit & miss as people work & not everyone can take time off for a Christian conference.

As it turned out it was a good call.  Not only was it a great conference that spoke very much to our ministry [not so very surprising as many of the grads are ministering in some capacity], it had a great prayer session & OT was there in his capacity as the Hagin's designated driver.

It was a long, exhausting day complicated by boat mishaps, rain & roadworks & I do find travelling in city traffic, even when I am not the driver, plain exhausting.  So much patience required.  Too many adrenaline hits thanks to the *extreme sports* drivers. Plus, due to the boat mishap, time stress. How I remember that from years of driving the ODD round Brisbane!

We got home to find our supply of kindling had vanished & all I could find was very damp so our fire smoked sulkily for hours before the wood was dry enough to blaze merrily & appease our very put out cats ~ who had not only been abandoned for two whole days but had been left without the compensation of a smoldering fire!



No comments:

Post a Comment