Saturday 5 May 2018

A Little Indian.



“Animals are my friends...and I don't eat my friends.” ~ George Bernard Shaw


When you don't like to cook & are vegetarian in the midst of carnivores, mealtimes can become problematic.  The temptation, @ least in my case, is to become lazy because thinking what to cook, then what I need in order to cook it & maybe having to go out to buy what I need, just takes too much time from things I would rather be doing ~ which is just about anything else. I know.  I know...but I eat to live, not the other way round.

Anyway, like most people, I run out of ideas.  No matter how full the fridge is there's never anything to eat. *sigh.*  Actually, I probably run out of ideas faster than most simply because I get tired of the *same old, same old* rather fast.  We've been there for about a week now so it was time to gird my loins & consult Mr Google ~ though seriously, it never matters; I investigate the ingredients & omit half of them because it's stuff I don't like & who needs stuff they don't like in their food?

What I decided to try, minus all the funny things & icky things & unobtainable things, was Chitrannam ~ which is just a fancy name for lemon rice. And let's face it, if you absolutely have to cook, Indian is a pretty good option. It not only smells good, the colours are pretty amazing as well.  And it doesn't have to be hot.  I don't like hot.  And you can always add nuts.  Lots & lots of nuts. Poppadoms. The man had steak with his.  Ugh!


I said the colours were amazing.
It didn't taste too bad either.

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of Indian food though I take a pass on the curry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't eat hot but I do like lots of flavour. Mild curry is fine.

    ReplyDelete