Wednesday 21 March 2018

Goodbye,Little Blue Barina.

The thing about family disasters is that you never have to wait long before the next one
puts the previous one into perspective.  ~Robert Brault,

There are some texts you never want to receive like: Mum, I've been in a car accident.  That they are texting is probably a good thing; it means they are alive.  Coherent.  Probably functional.  It leaves a lot of unanswered questions like: who was driving?  Whose fault ~ because, you know, insurance premiums...

So according to the girl [yes, that one] the car in front of her slowed for a galah [the bird sort, not the other sort] & ODD slowed for the car but the bus behind her did not slow for either of them, straight up ODD's rear end. Ike! The 4 year old she was transporting in the back seat was carted off to hospital in the ambulance.  The car, her prized little blue barina, so very nearly paid off, is totaled.  I cannot think how she is to manage for work @ present. *sigh* Why is it my girls, who are better drivers than any of their brothers, have both managed to total a car while the boys have not?

Meanwhile I have been dealing with the social worker who is dealing with my MIL & talking nursing homes ~ where my MIL does NOT want to go & I am so over this year!  Roll on 2019.  May it be heaps better than this one has started out!

1 comment: