Monday 16 July 2018

Arrivals.

The chicken coop has landed @ T1's where I am sure it is being an absolute nuisance, parked as it is in his driveway. It should be here either Monday or Tuesday, which is very exciting in its own way.  Meanwhile the feeder, hemp bedding & bin have all arrived safely some time after the tracking assured me they had been delivered.  The joys of living on a small island!  People seem to think once an item has left the mainland it has somehow arrived here automatically despite the fact we have roads & mailboxes just like anyone else that still have to be located & accessed.

And somewhere in the hoo~ha Chile Girl arrived ~ & departed & came back & departed as she tries to catch up on a life un~lived in Australia.  We haven't seen much of her yet but she is cheerful & the healthiest we've seen her in a while.

Meanwhile the wedding that CG has arrived for inches imperceptibly closer.  I can't wait for the whole nightmare to be over.  The MOTH & I did ours so quietly no~one except our 2 witnesses even knew about it & I find all the drama prone to surrounding these events terribly wearing. Chatting to OT last night he mentioned his fiance's mother has bought 3 new dresses & is yet to decide which one she will wear on the day.  I, on the other hand, have pointed out I will NOT be wearing a dress of any description!  I don't own one.  I will not be buying one specially when I will never wear it again.  I am not dressing up like a twopenny guy for anyone.  I will be modest, seemly & comfortable sans makeup, hairspray & high heels.  And  will be very, very glad to depart @ the first possible moment. Sadly,  really am not the life of anyone's party, not even for something as important & life~changing as a wedding.




No comments:

Post a Comment