Thursday 11 January 2018

Being taught by the Rabbi.

Amongst all the things I read, watch & listen too  there is, & always has been, a strong Messianic flavour.  The Lord impressed on me early, even as a child, that He was a Hebrew.  Middle~Eastern. Jewish. I understood this even as I didn't grasp exactly what that meant .

I got, over time: prayer shawl; phylacteries; tallit.   I even understood His teaching was from a Jewish place but information is information & I simply absorbed the information.  Occasionally I applied it to scripture.  What I didn't do was apply it to me. I'm western.  AngloCeltic. Maybe the Celtic bit is why I missed something so very obvious because Celts are prone to operate in something of the same way.

See, we live where we live & that has always meant we are on our own when it comes to growing in God.  None, & I do mean none, of the other churches even come close to where God led us.  It has always created difficulties but we are meant to be following Jesus not some church or minister or congregation so there we perched like birds in the wilderness doing our thing & trying so very hard not to draw unwanted attention to ourselves.

So far, so good. Now, @ some point the Holy Spirit began chatting quite clearly to me & me being me simply went: Oh, right, now we are operating scriptually... I know... It never occurred to me people might think that was weird.  Not hearing was what I considered weird 'cause I'd read Acts you know... And what started happening was my kids because, you know, they were kids & they had no idea so I'd get this stream of: mum, would you pray for me about...

There were the dramatic answers: BLUE BARINA. There were the straightforward answers & then there was something odd.  See the kids got bigger & in all honesty they should have been hearing from God for themselves. Instead they'd ask me but instead of getting blue barina answers, or something straightforward, I'd get part of a scripture, often one I didn't know, or didn't know well & I'd have to google Mr Google & find the rest of it & sometimes there was more than one choice.  I can assure you this was more than a little on the frustrating side.  Just tell me already!

When I am super bored & sweltering in the humidity of a Queensland summer, what I do is amuse myself on Amazon reading all the book reviews on subjects I will never investigate ~ or better, seeing what's new in the religious department ~ which is how I came upon Sitting @ the feet of Rabbi Jesus.

Actually there were a number of books I was interested in ~ including The Hebrew Yeshua V the Greek Jesus ~ bits of which are online & very good~ & which I may still get, but I opted to get a book by Christians rather than a Jew, @ least to start with.  After that I watched all the Jewish videos anyway so I have to wonder about me. 

Having started the book I sighed.  It felt a little dumbed down & the first chapter I knew the info & boy do I hate spending money for stuff I already know. Still, I'd spent the money, the book was here & the other book I am waiting on is still weeks away [which is what happens when you order rare books from overseas.] Hmph! And I got my come~upperance. 

Discussing Rabbinic teaching methods, which I thought I knew in a fairly broad sense, the authors mentioned how the rabbis would only give part of the scripture, leaving their disciples to look up the reference ~ & it hit me like a thunderbolt!  Jesus has been doing this to me for years! lol Nothing like being taught by the rabbi Himself!


1 comment: