Monday 4 December 2017

What is worse than doing the tax...?

My children are notorious for borrowing my things & not returning them: pots, pans, knives & forks, pillows & blankets. They are so notorious that my mother once gave me a set of old forks for Christmas for my children to garden with.  Too sad making.

I know where they got it.  See the kiddos are grown & have flown the nest but my things are still disappearing.  The MOTH blames Kirby & Marlow but as Kirby & Marlow have no use for sticky tape, staplers, scissors & tweezers they can hardly be to blame.  The MOTH, however, uses all these things regularly.  In fact he uses them so regularly I bought him his own so that mine weren't constantly disappearing.  Nothing makes me so fraught as going to use something & finding it's not where I left it!

So we are doing the taxes.  This does not make me a happy woman.  I do not like numbers.  I do not do numbers.  Numbers make me fraught.  In point of fact, @ one point I took one look @ a worksheet of ODD's & declared she was on her own, to do or not as she chose, as all those numbers & graphs & what~nots made me feel physically ill.  Oddest sensation...so, no, tax time does not bring me joy. However it is mainly straight up addition using a calculator.  The MOTH does the hard yards.  However I do have to organise all the receipts etc by month & staple them together in order ~ which should be a simple enough task, yes...? No. 

When the man moved from selling stamps to selling plants I could never find my stapler, so I went out & bought myself a new one so he could have the old one & all would be well because he would have his own & I would have mine & there would be no conflict of interest. I keep my stapler with my sticky tape & my scissors, ruler, pens etc & though I am not the tidiest or most organised person ever  do keep them all together as it saves so much angst in the long run.  Imagine my ire to have organised piles & piles of paper all ready to be stapled & no stapler to be found!!!  Irate hardly expresses my feelings!  In high dungeon I went out & bought a new one, one with bright lime green inserts in the hope it will always be spottable!  The man now has 2 & he can't find either one!!!

This morning he borrowed my sticky tape.  If he hasn't put it back where it belongs murder will be done!

2 comments:

  1. Tools...I borrow my husband's and put them back unless I am still in the middle of a project where I still need them and then he would know where to find them. However, it got to the point that I could not find any tools anywhere we had kept them so I bought my own little set.

    A few weeks ago, I looked for an entire day trying to find them in places I would have put them and places I thought he might have put them (since he was not answering his phone and was away for work)...except I never thought to look on his desk.

    I KNOW I did not put MY tools on HIS desk!

    Sometimes we do this with scissors, although I have enough spread around in the house that I usually can find at least one somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scissors! Don't talk to me about scissors! We have dozens of pairs but finding just one always involves a massive man hunt. The man uses his, puts them down in his mess & can never find them so borrows mine & does the same. Hours we spend looking for scissors. And tweezers, though they are more understandable being small & dull coloured & both of us in glasses. ☺

    ReplyDelete