Tuesday 24 October 2017

The Pink Car.

We feel so flash. Upmarket.  Part of the cool crowd. Really we're such yobs but the car is classy ~ classier than we are. ☺  Almost worth driving across all of Brisbane to collect.

That's the drawback of giving my man access to the internet.  He trawls it like a deep sea trawler when he wants something ~ because he invariably gets the best deal... which is all well & good but we  end up travelling miles & miles: Ipswich for the mainland car; Virginia for the island one. Hours upon hours ~ & me the car~sick, traffic & crowd adverse one... *sigh*

I had looked @ the map ~ & I had looked @ the satellite image & I was pretty sure it wasn't quite so straightforward as the MOTH assured me.  I was right.  Getting in was a nightmare.  No problem until we crossed the Storey Bridge because the southside is ODD's stomping ground & I know it well enough to be able to get myself out of most difficulties but once you cross a bridge ~ any bridge [& there are 13 of them & counting!] ~ then it is foreign territory & unbelievably frustrating! 

As I pointed out to the MOTH once we were safely home again, we drove halfway across Europe without the sort of issues we have in Brisbane because Brisbane thinks everyone knows where they are & how to get where they are going, so they don't bother to signpost anything.  We were halfway to Virginia before we got a signpost for the road we were on [& it wasn't the right one, just going in the right direction!]

Coming out we at least started on the right road but of course I was driving the mainland car [which is lovely to drive] & tailing the Moth in the new one, absolutely terrified of losing him in the Brissie traffic & getting totally & completely lost in the Brisbane maze!  Once we were over the bridge all was good, but we are two very, very tired little bunnies tonight.
Meanwhile: this is why I never get my washing up done! Like, seriously...why here?
And then there's this!  Both of them! I put down a nice fresh tablecloth on the end of the bench on Sunday for our church morning tea & the cats promptly took over!  Later I removed the tablecloth & put down an old towel instead because if they insist on sleeping there @ least it needn't be on the good stuff but OT was really put out & informed me he hadn't built a nice kitchen for the cats! *sigh*  They live here too. And as anyone knows who owns cats, they are persistent.  Very.

1 comment:

  1. Not his cats, not his kitchen, eh? Well, I am glad you now are "in the pink," so to speak.

    ReplyDelete