Tuesday 1 November 2016

Walking with Marlow.


"Cat people are different, to the extent that they generally are not conformists. How could they be, with a cat running their lives?" ~Louis J.

I like the wild.  It is why even the prettiest of cities holds no real attraction for me.  I am drawn to the green, to the quiet of birdsong, to the empty spaces.

I love where I live ~ though in all honesty I could do without my neighbours.  They are nice enough~ but why would I have people when I can have curlews crying under a harvest moon, crazy cats, & the wild shy creatures of bush & sky.

The wild is not orderly but it does have rhythm.  It quiets my soul.  This is what I understand God to have meant when He rested on the 7th day, looked around at what he had created & declared:  It is good.  Cats just make it better!

5 comments:

  1. I could not see the video. The message said it was set to "private." :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started following Pumpkin the Purr Machine on Instagram. He is a distance neighbor of yours, so to speak, being that he is in Melbourne. Here is his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pumpkinthepurrmachine/ I think they just take really go pictures and videos, but I love his black paws and eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I'll see if I can fix that. This is this week's learning curve & to upload here I have to fiddle on Youtube only I don't wan't every tom dick & harry on you tube looking @ my stuff so I set it to private. Last time it went to my PC before here so I will try that.

    Melbourne is 1200 miles away. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the video so that is weird....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still cannot see the video. I still states it is private.

    I did write "distant" neighbor--I mean, at least she is in the same country and not on the other side of the world as I am.

    ReplyDelete